As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear What’s Elektron Introducing? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: What’s Elektron Introducing?
Chain Chomp
Re:What’s Elektron Introducing? 11 Years, 7 Months ago
Ha I tell myself that every day! ......should I start
A modular today? But......u know once u start it don't stop.......
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Noisebuddy wrote:
MD & MnM with a Fader

btw ... this would be a nuke-feature on the MD - i probably couldn´t resist to buy a MD .... i have some skepticism right know regarding the MD

FYI if the OT had Midi Scenes this would be a real possibility.
If there are ever mk3's then with this feature I'd upgrade no doubt.

On topic though I am genuinely excited to see what Elektron come up with next, but will wait to see what its sound/ingenuity/reliability/useability is like before jumping on board unless there is a beta testing discount.
Cappy
OT, A4, Blofeld
Midi scenes: yeah!!

But i think it has to do with the midi-bandwidth..... radical fadermovements generate much midi-traffic
Yoshi
Ozone wrote:
Noisebuddy wrote:
MD & MnM with a Fader

btw ... this would be a nuke-feature on the MD - i probably couldn´t resist to buy a MD .... i have some skepticism right know regarding the MD

FYI if the OT had Midi Scenes this would be a real possibility.
If there are ever mk3's then with this feature I'd upgrade no doubt.

I'd probably upgrade to MD mkIII if it it came with a cross-fader ala OT. MM... meh, never really cared for it (onto my 4th one these days)

Noisebuddy wrote:
Midi scenes: yeah!!

But i think it has to do with the midi-bandwidth..... radical fadermovements generate much midi-traffic

Midi Scenes can be done; the logic is there in the machine.And it is easy enough to restrict the number of variables / and or the interpolation (detail/amount) of the CC data being sent.

So "too-much midi traffic" is a misnomer, if you can restrict the amount of midi data being sent... seeing as it already sends Notes/CC's for the Arps/LFO's no?

Thats what vexes me the most about midi scenes (as it has been my number 1 request since day 1; well apart from midi tracks...); it's doable, can be done, waited a year of "maybes" and then told no. And their FAQ still fails to neglect that; "All parameters of all tracks can be assigned to the crossfader."; well, certain parameters of audio/internal tracks only.

Ah well, I have a workaround to deal with this, just a pain to do and should have been down in the beginning rather then having to figure it out myself.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Rusty wrote:
Ah well, I have a workaround to deal with this, just a pain to do

...I'd be curious to know your approach, if it's not equally a pain to explain
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Also interested to know what you have worked around Rusty. Midi out cable back to midi in?

Re scenes, I also agree the logic is there.
We can already p-lock 30 parameters per midi track x 8 tracks.
Midi scenes wouldn't add more parameters, just override the ones already there.
Maybe there is some issue regarding how the x-fader data is read by the internal processor but I don't understand the reasoning by Elektron regarding midi overload to external equipment as that would be more related to the capabilities of the gear in question.
Anyway it's surely on many wish lists for future Elektron gear if it's not eventually implemented with the OT.
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
Re:What’s Elektron Introducing? 11 Years, 6 Months ago
http://www.tradition-and-future.com/

uhm curious what this is
a new synth ???? poly ??? cv gates ???? mmmmm looks very promising would trade in my mono machine instantly if its a poly machine

just looked at the picture it says

LOG FOUR 4 voice???? 4????
synthesizer

yeah super awesome
JES
King Koopa
Great sounds, I'll give them that.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Hector is back, check out tradition & future website!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to top Post Reply